Thoughtfully

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Profile Picture


A couple of years ago knowing I loved learning new crafts, I was given a pattern designed by Lynne Butler of http://www.lynnesdolls.com/about/ 
for a needle sculpted doll. I'd never actually heard of these prior to that but the pattern was lovely and the instructions very easy to follow so I dived in!

I practiced a bit with some old materials then I made this doll. Not perfect but I loved her. Being me of course I couldn't actually follow the pattern exactly and she's dressed completely differently lol.

I love these dolls and now have Patti Medaris Culea's book Creative Cloth Doll Collection which can be found on Amazon. This has brilliant instructions on how to create the dolls, make embellishments, patterns for the dolls .. and most importantly ...
plenty of eye candy! She also has her own site http://www.pmcdesigns.com/index.php



 I call this doll Andromeda because she reminds me of a particularly vivacious student we once had living with us :)
.



2 comments:

  1. Your doll looks amazing, wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I hope you will be making more dolls in the future.

    ReplyDelete