Thoughtfully

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 12 June 2013

WIP

Well I've spent the last few weeks going back and practicing my shuttle tatting using fine thread until I've got it into a reasonable state (I think). I'm making Christmas presents at the moment and I wanted a tatted edging for the applique picture I'm making.
The picture has actually been a complete learning curve because I've never done applique before and whilst I've always cross stitched I've never done free hand embroidery.

I've totally fallen in love with embellished crazy quilting and the picture owes a lot to the blocks I've seen.

There's a picture of it as a work in progress, I guess I'll just have to see where it takes me.

2 comments:

  1. tatting looks great, I am a learner but could not master the shuttle so use a tatting needle, it is easy to unpick my mistakes! Also into the crazy quilting, maybe you could take a look at CQJP 2013 for some inspiration lots to see there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ... I devour the CQJP sites :)

    And yes needle tatting is much easier .. I did the top edging with shuttles but the side is made up of split rings so I did that with a needle, mainly because I can't get the hang of them with the shuttle but also because I wanted to thread the dividing beads through both threads which I think can only be done with a needle.

    ReplyDelete